10:00 a.m. - In-person BAS Service
10:00 a.m. - BAS Stream on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/stpeterscalgary/posts/3134193523369312
Please click below for the service links:
Many people are indicating they are having difficulty accessing the Facebook Link. If you are having this problem, click on the BAS VIDEO link above.
You can find Virtual Sunday School on the church website or by clicking HERE.
October 4 Readings:
1st Reading: Exodus 20:1-4, 7-9, 12-20
2nd Reading: Philippians 3:4b-14
Gospel: Matthew 21:33-46
Pastoral Care: Please contact Lois Ellis at 403-252-9503 or loisellis[at]shaw[dot]ca for more information.
Returning to Church Checklist
With weekly services starting up this week, please keep in mind the following things if you plan on attending.
- masks are MANDATORY
- please sanitize as you enter and leave the church and before you receive Communion or a blessing. It is also encouraged to bring your own for while you sit in the pews.
- As good as it will be to see everyone again, please remember to keep your 6-ft distance and refrain from hugging/touching/shaking hands.
- Please make sure you are "signed-in" when you enter so we have a record of everyone in attendance in case of an outbreak.
- When you pick up a bulletin, please touch only one and do not share it. There will be a recycling bin outside the Sanctuary doors for you to discard it after the service.
Office Hours: The office will continue regular hours of 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., Monday - Friday during the fall.
Anglican Diocese of Calgary Bi-Weekly Newsletter: Can be found by clicking HERE.
Donations: There are many options for your contributions to St. Peter's. Meredith or Linda can accept your offering between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. If you cannot get to the Church, Arnold Williams 403 – 251 – 4610 or arnoldegbertwilliams[at]gmail[dot]com will personally pick up from your home. You may have already set up a direct deposit with the forms provided by Meredith.
ACW Calendars: 2021 Church Calendars are available in the office for $5.00.
October is Pastor Appreciation Month:
Rev Jagdutt has been with St Peter’s for over a year. As a retired Priest, he accepted the part-time position as an interim leader. He entered into a tumultuous time at St Peter’s. Four months later, he had a new Executive Council and a month after that Covid-19 arrived. Rev Jagdutt has been a source of strength, calmness and transparency during change and turmoil resulting from the pandemic. Rev Jagdutt has worked full-time hours, with constant phone calls, emails and weekly Executive meetings. Over and above, he has contributed time to the kitchen renovations, took responsibility for the maintenance and cleaning of the church buildings and grounds. Rev Jagdutt has struggled with major decisions forced upon him but has kept his resilience, faith and the best interest of St Peter’s in his endeavours.
Executive Council Members
Garth Dymond, Ann Bright, Lois Ellis and Michael Bright (Treasurer)
Cormack Hall Kitchen: The ACW has made the first decisions regarding the kitchen renovations. The next step is to review the quotations.
Firewood: Peter Leigh and a group of the men have kept busy chopping, splitting and stacking wood. Now is the time to buy for your fireplace. Stack it high, and let it dry! If you need a full pick-up load for $100.00 delivered, contact Peter at 403-281 – 1376 or pjleigh[at]shaw[dot]ca
Happy Birthday to All October Birthdays!
- to Bill Chestnut and Lynne Arling for painting the shed and garage
- to Peter and crew for replacing the cracked pew in the Church
- to Arnold and crew for washing years of dirt off the rectory house
- to Jagdutt for pulverizing the stumps in the Courtyard to flatten it when Arnold's saw wouldn't work.
Things we've learned during COVID-19: That today is Tuesday, or maybe it is Wednesday. There are quality programs on TV. Riding the bus is safe. The grocery and drug store floor directions are hard to follow. Business initiatives are different from every store. We are stronger than we thought.